Mt. Morris Mutual History
In 1875, 12 farmers all of Norwegian descent met with their local church pastor. Each donated $1.00 to start the Company.
The first name was Mt. Morris Norwegian Mutual Fire Insurance Company. The name was later changed to Mt. Morris Mutual Insurance Company.
During the 1980's and 1990's four Mutual Insurance Companies merged with Mt. Morris: Aurora Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Arkdale Mutual, Oakfield Mutual, and Wonewoc Farmers Mutual.
In 1997, Mt. Morris became a Chapter 6.11 Company and began writing business statewide.
The Company has continually expanded the lines of business written as well as providing expanded coverage, Mt. Morris was one of the first companies to provide Replacement Cost Coverage for irrigation systems and provide Equipment Breakdown Coverage to farms. In 2008 the Company broadened it's lines of business to include personal and commercial auto insurance.
Mt. Morris is a non-stock corporation, with a Board of Directors of nine persons, who are elected for three year terms by the policyholders at the annual meeting.
Mt. Morris Mutual is a non-assessable company which has been domiciled in Waushara County,
Wisconsin since its existence.